काठमाडौं । नेपाल लगानी सम्मेलन २०१९ मा भएका समझदारीलाई तत्काल अघि बढाउन सरकारले उच्चस्तरीय अनुगमन समिति बनाएको छ ।
बिहीबार प्रधानमन्त्री तथा मन्त्रिपरिषद् कार्यालयमा प्रधानमन्त्री केपी शर्मा ओलीको अध्यक्षतामा बसेको लगानी बोर्ड बैठकले सम्मेलनमा भएका समझदारीलाई अघि बढाउन उच्च स्तरीय समिति बनाउने निर्णय गरेको हो । बैठकले प्रधानमन्त्री तथा मन्त्रिपरिषद् कार्यालयका सचिवको नेतृत्वको पाँच सदस्यीय उच्च स्तरीय अनुगमन समिति बनाएको बोर्डका प्रमुख कार्यकारी अधिकृत महाप्रसाद अधिकारीले जानकारी दिए ।
बैठकमा प्रधानमन्त्री ओलीले गत चैत्र १५ र १६ गते भएको सम्मेलनमा आएका प्रतिवद्धता अनुकूल हुने गरी आवश्यक नीतिगत तथा कानुनी सुधारको काममा ढिलाइ नगर्न सम्बन्धित निकायलाई निर्देशन दिएका छन् ।
बैठकले बोर्डको ३८ करोड रुपैयाँको बजेट तथा कार्यक्रम पनि पारित गरिएको प्रमुख कार्यकारी अधिकृत अधिकारीले जानकारी दिए ।
|Name of the Project||Improving Sanitation, Health and Education in 3 VDCs in Sindhuli District, Nepal|
|Duration||5 Years (1 October 2015 – 30 September 2020)|
|Location||Country: Nepal, District: Sindhuli, VDCs: Hatpate, Nipane and Ranibas|
|Leading Organization||Relief Nepal, Sindhuli|
|Partner Organizations||(a) Sahakarya Nepal, Sindhuli
(b) HUDECC Nepal, Sindhuli
|Contact Person||KhushrajPaudel, Executive Director, Relief Nepal
Contact number: 9851001193
- Project’s Objective and Measures
Overall objective: Sustainable improvement realised in health and well-being of rural community especially women, children and youths
- Access of safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene practices promoted
- Access of basic health services for marginalized women and children in local health institutions enhanced
- Access of education for marginalized children improved
- Women, youths and children are capacitated through various measures
- Staff orientation: One day orientation will be organized for the project staffs and the board member of partner NGOs. The orientation programme will provide detailed information about project and working modality among the project team. Similarly in this orientation, the project team will prepare the Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) of project which supports them to implement the project’s intervention effectively.
- Capacity building of project staffs: Capacity building and exposure visit for project’s staffs will be organized to enhance their working capacity as per project requirement. The project staffs will be capacitated in participatory planning process, monitoring and evaluation and social mobilization during first two years.
- Construction & renovation of water supply scheme in schools: The project will support 16 community schools to ensure drinking water facilities for school students. In this context, the project will support those schools by constructing or renovating (whatever is needed) water supply scheme. For this purpose, the project works closely with School Management Committee, and prepare detail plan of construction scheme with them. Selection criteria for schools will be developed in consultation with community.
- Technical support to VWASS-CC on local WASH planning Process: The project will provide technical assistance for developing local WASH planning process in working VDCs. For this purpose, regular meeting and interaction with VWASH-CC will be conducted; and provide technical support for institutional planning and implementing of those plan for promoting better supply of water and promoting sanitation in local level. Similarly, this intervention will also establish the linkage of V-WASHCC of the working VDCs towards DWASH-CC for promoting their sustainable linkage for further support on water and sanitation promotion activities in future.
- Capacity building of V-WASHCC: The project will support for capacity building of V-WASHCC (Village Water and Sanitation committee) on management of the committee, they will also provide some specific training programme on “planning and implementation of WASH intervention in local level”. Similarly, the project will promote their engagement in project planning process; and will mobilize them for promoting sanitation and hygienic practices in community. Moreover, the V-WASHCC will link to district level coordination committee (DWASHCC) for gathering further support from district level service providers on Water and Sanitation promotion. In addition, the project will support on basic plumbing training targeting to the water supply committee to strengthen their capability on regular water supply maintenance. In total 2 events of plumbing training will be organized by the project. There will be 25 persons in each training group.
- Activities for “access to better sanitation & hygiene facilities”:
- Support marginalized HHs for toilet construction: The project supports for ODF campaign in local level through supporting the marginalized HHs for toilet construction. It is found that the marginalized HHs (i.e. poor households) are not able to construct toilet because of low income level. In this context, the project provides subsidies on technical materials for constructing toilet in those households. In total, 90 HHs of marginalized people will be supported by the project.
- Conduct sanitation awareness campaigns: With the support of V-WASHCC and local CBOs, the project will organize several campaigns in community to promote sanitation practice of community. The local youth clubs, women groups and local CBOs will be mobilized for “Toilet promotion” in household level. Similarly, youth clubs will be mobilized for conducting awareness campaign to educate local people for practicing better sanitation in individual, household and community level. Street drama, mass meeting, facilitation meeting, interaction meeting, door to door visits will be conducted as awareness campaigns.
- Day Celebration Programme: For strengthening the voice of local people, CBOs, child clubs, youth clubs, women groups and other stakeholder of the project VDCs for promoting health, sanitation & hygienic and environmental sanitation; the project will mobilize these groups in local level and district level to celebrate National and International Days. These days will be organized also for building awareness level of local people on some relevant issues of national and international priority of Days. Basically, Hand Washing Day, International Women Day, National Children Day, World Environmental Day, International Child Rights Day, International Youth Day will be organized in local and district level by the project.
- Conduct School Sanitation & Hygiene programme: Community school of working VDCs will be supported for promoting sanitation and hygiene practices through school sanitation programme. The project will support some relevant equipment and materials (such as Dust bin, rubbish pit construction and others) for promoting sanitation practices in school. Similarly, campaign on hand washing practice will be organized in school level for promoting personal hygiene practices of children. As the school are considered as a means of knowledge transformation centre; the environmental sanitation models will also applied in the school level. In all 21 public schools, plantation will be promoted in coordination with school management committee and community forest user committee.
- Hand washing, water purifier and sanitation campaign in schools: The project will facilitate to organize campaign in 21 community schools for promoting hand-washing practices, use of safe drinking water and sanitation. The campaign will focus for school children with expectation that the message will be delivered through children to home and community level. Demonstration campaigns will be organized to enhance skills among school children on hand washing, water purifier and sanitation.
- Nursery Establishment: Due to deforestation in fragile geographic setting of the project area reforestation is urgent. Therefore, a nursery will be managed in 1st, 2nd, 3rd year of the project period having capacity of producing 25000 seedlings per year. For the nursery established, area will be fixed with considering locality factors in consultation of technician and local people. The seedling produced in the nursery will be planted in barren land, particularly in edge of Kamal River and private land in 2nd, 3rd, 4th year of the project. Seeds and materials needed for the nursery will be supported by the project. Community participation will be envisaged for the plantation.
- Campaign on plantation: Project will closely work with Community Forest Users Committee (CFUG), VDCs, youth clubs and V-WASH-CC for promotion of plantation in public land, river banks and surrounding of water resources. For plantation support, project will coordinate with District Forest Office Sindhuli for technical support, and also for establishing nursery in local level. In total 2 nursery will be established in the project VDCs for strengthening plantation programme at local level. Similarly, project will assist for collection of different plants from other public and private nursery for making plantation programme more effective at local level.
- Campaign for controlling “open grazing of cattle”: At community level, project will support for controlling open grazing of cattle in public places as well as in plantation areas. The controlling upon open grazing practice will support for promoting development for plantation. For this purpose, a control committee/watch group will be formed with the support of youth clubs and women groups to promote regular monitoring for controlling open grazing system. 15 campaign events (5 in each year) will be organized to sensitize and aware community people for controlling open grazing of cattle.
- Awareness on ecological rights through capacity building of child/youth clubs: For this purpose, the project will organize training programme targeted to local youths on ecological rights and their roles for promoting ecological environment in local level. Similarly, the training will promote engagement of local youths for promoting healthy environment in local level. In total, the project will organize 3 different training programmes in ecological rights in three working VDCs.
- Facilitate to organize public/social audit of rural health institutions: For promoting quality health services from local health institution, the project will facilitate to conduct public audit of local health institution. For this purpose, the project will provide technical support for organizing public audit with coordination and collaboration to local Health Management Committee. The public audit process does not only promote the accountability of local health institution, but this will also build managerial capacity of Health Management Committee. The project will support for conducting at least 3 public audit sessions in each health institution each year during the project period.
- Support to health post management committee planning and review meeting: Project will support for annual planning and review meeting of local health institution through building capacity of health management committee in project VDCs. For this purpose, regular interaction, and planning/review meeting will be organized in all three local health post.
- Organize public health campaigns: Project will support local health institutions for organizing public health campaigns targeting women and children. Basically, the immunization services, awareness on nutritious foods, awareness on sanitation and basic health services, ANC and safe delivery will be provided through health campaigns. These types of campaigns will promote health service delivery of local health institutions. The project will coordinate with local health institutions and district health office to organize such campaigns in project VDCs. In total 9 such campaigns will be organized.
- IEC materials: Information Education & Communication (IEC) materials related with health, sanitation, child right, environment protection and hygiene promotion will be collected/developed and publish (if needed) by the project; and those materials will be used for awareness campaigns for educating the local people. Basically; flip chart, poster and pamphlets will be designed and developed.
- Support for playing materials in schools: Project will promote for child learning and development through playing. For this purpose, the project will support child clubs and networks through providing playing materials related to enhance their learning capabilities. Basically, the project will support those playing materials in targeted 18 schools for enhancing their learning capabilities.
- Support for marginalized children in education: the students of marginalized HHs will also provide support for promoting their regular attendance in school. Support will also provide for promoting better health and sanitation practices for the marginalized school students by ensuring their regular attendance in school. It is planned as a “promotional support for the marginalized students”. For this purpose, scholarship schemes in terms of educational materials will be provided for the marginalized students of community schools. At least 60 students per year will be provided scholarship support by the project for supporting their regular attendance in school.
- Support for promoting “child friendly learning environment in community schools”: the project supports to promote child friendly learning environment in public schools (total 21 schools) through providing child-friendly teaching materials. The major objective of providing those materials in public schools is for enhancing child-friendly teaching environment in schools. For this purpose, the project team will coordinate with educational stakeholder in local and district level for delivering those materials into public schools.
- Mural paintings in 10 schools:Mural paintings on Do’s and Don’ts for children, teachers and guardians or parents will be done in 10 schools. Orientations for children, teachers and guardians or parents will be conducted prior to the paintings and suggestions for paintings will be collected from each group. The follow up meetings with each group will be organized quarterly to monitor the changes in behaviour of each group.
- Special support classes for marginalized children: 7 special classes will be established in 7 different communities to support marginalized children for improving their studies and continue formal education. Parents and guardians of those children will also be regularly oriented about importance of education and child rights. The attendance of those children in their classes will be regularly monitored.
- Training on child friendly teaching methods: Training for 10 school teachers and ECDC facilitators on child friendly teaching methods and child rights will be organized at school level. 15 teachers will attend in each training session. Teachers and facilitators will be trained on government policies to stop corporal punishment at schools, draft national child rights bills and technique to deal with children in child friendly manners.
- Extracurricular activities for special children: Extracurricular activities for children who are relatively poor in their education performance in classes will be supported to encourage them for participating and improving their capacities and skills in debates, quiz, speech etc which will motivate them for better performance. These activities will be organized in every two months in 10 schools for three years.
- Support for space for wall magazine in 10 schools:10 permanent spaces will be supported in schools for publishing wall magazines for children which will support children to express their talents on different issues.
- Strengthening ECDCs in 10 schools: Project will support for strengthening the ECDCs of 10 schools. 200 children between 3-5 years will enjoy learning in ECDCs. ECDCs will be equipped by child friendly learning materials. Additionally, ECDCs will be painted with messages and pictures for young children and materials for floor will also be supported
- Capacity building of child clubs/networks: Child clubs will be mobilized on health, quality education, environment, and sanitation promotion activities among the children and HHs level. For this purpose, existing 27 child clubs will be strengthened in project VDC; and further their creativity will be enhanced by providing some specific training such as: wall magazine training, club management and child rights training. Similarly, the child clubs will be supported for publishing wall magazine for enhancing their creativity on health, environment and sanitation promotion aspects. Moreover, these child clubs will be linked with local and district level child club network. In total, 27 events of training have been planned for building the capacity of child clubs and networks. Similarly, all 27 child clubs will be provided supports for publishing wall magazine.
- Management and registration support to child clubs: The project will continuously support child clubs on their management. For this purpose, the project will support for registration of child clubs in child clubs network; and continuously provide essential learning materials as well as stationary to those clubs.
- Exposure of child/youth clubs: Project will facilitate to organize inter child clubs exposure events such as joint exposures, clubs competitions and other activities related to develop the capacity of child clubs. The inter clubs competitions will be organized on the theme of sanitation, hygiene and education. Similarly, the exposure visit for members of local child clubs will be organized through support of the project. The visit will be organized in collaboration with child club network of district level. Basically, the demonstration sites of proper system of health, sanitation and hygiene practices will be selected and organize the visit programme of child club members in those selected site. The exposure visit will be organized jointly with all three project VDCs.
Similarly, the project support for external exposure of child/youth clubs members by organizing exposure visits in other child clubs (inter or outer districts). The major expectation of such types of exposure is to promote the child/youth clubs management; and enhancing the capacity of child/youth clubs members on child rights, and education process.
- Youth empowerment through sports competition: Project will support youth clubs through organizing sports competitions in local level through engagement of youth clubs. As the youth are the key change agents in community, the project will support youth clubs with some sports items, and assist them to organize sports competitions among other youths. In total, the project supports for 9 different types of sports competition during the project.
- Organize Orientation programme for women groups’ members and local women leaders: the project support for promoting women’s participation on local governance through building awareness among local women on ‘local governance’. For this purpose, several orientation programme will be organized in project VDCs for enhancing the awareness level among the women about basic concept of local governance and representation of women in local governance process.
- Leadership development training for potential women leaders: As a capacity building for local women leaders on ‘local governance’, the project will organize leadership development training in project VDCs targeting to local women leaders. Such types of training will enhance the capacity of local women leaders for promoting their engagement in local governance process.
- Organize Social campaigns on “violence against women and girls”: The project organizes several campaigns on local level for promoting awareness on “violence against women and girls”. For this purpose, the local women leaders and women group’s members will be mobilized in project VDCs for organizing such campaigns. The campaigns will be organized with coordination of ‘district women development office’.
- Vocational Training for targeted youths including women on local resource based vocational/enterprises: The project has targeted to enhance the enterprises and vocational skills to marginalized women and youths of project VDCs for promoting local resource based enterprises. For this purpose, a rapid assessment will be conducted for the potential enterprises opportunities of local level through organizing interaction among youths and women. After the need identification, the project supports for at least 120 youths including women for enhancing their vocational/enterprises skills through skill based vocational training.
- Inputs and legal registration support for potential youth’s enterprises: The project further supports for establishing the local enterprises for those youths/women who have been provided training. For this purpose, the project supports for essentials inputs and legal registration of potential enterprises of youths/women in the project VDC. Similarly, the project also supports the potential youths for enhancing their engagement in enterprises through establishing linkages with other enterprises promoting agencies in local and district level.
- Capacity and team building for youth through play: Youth especially girls will be trained for different games. Girls teams will be developed for different games. Skills on different games will make young girls more resilient and self protective. Young girls of 16 to 24 years from youth groups will be selected for the training. A month long training will be organized to trained the team. District level trained trainer of volley ball and foot ball will trained the teams. Trainee will be selected on the basis of their willingness to participate and basic assessment of the trainers.
- Life skill trainings for better life option: 3 days training on life skill for better life options to build their career and personality as per their choice and opportunities for 60 youths both girls and boys will be provided to make them capable for future planning and individual personality development. The trainings will be organized annually. There will be 20 participants in each training.
- Entrepreneurship training: 3 days entrepreneur training will be organized annually for 20 youth each year. Entrepreneur training will enhance skills of youths for starting livelihood. Training will be organized at village level. Certified enterprise development facilitators will be hired to provide the trainings. The entrepreneurship skills will enhance knowledge of youths regarding selection of different types of business based on available local resources and market access. They will be further capable to assess and choose the business for livelihood at local level on their own.
- Support for community learning centre: Community learning centre for children and youth of Hatpate will be supported to function regularly. Children and youths will be using the centre for recreation and capacity building. They will be using the library and computer lab of the centre to enhance their knowledge and explore different aspect based on their interest.